[Kmymoney] kmymoney on KDE SC 4.5? Or: how to build the kmm_kbanking4 plugin?

Jörg von Frantzius jfrantzius at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:21:57 CEST 2010

  Hi Thomas,

thanks for the detailed help! Please see below...

On 08/20/2010 07:48 AM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> [..]
> When you run cmake, you should see something like the following:
>
> -- checking for module 'gwenhywfar>=3.10.1'
> --   found gwenhywfar, version 3.99.10beta
> -- checking for modules 'aqbanking>=4.2.4;aqbanking<=4.99.9'
> --   found aqbanking, version 4.99.8beta
> --   found aqbanking, version 4.99.8beta
For me it says:

    -- checking for module 'gwenhywfar>=3.10.1'
    --   found gwenhywfar, version 3.11.3
    -- checking for modules 'aqbanking>=4.2.4;aqbanking<=4.99.9'
    --   found aqbanking, version 4.2.4
    --   found aqbanking, version 4.2.4

These versions seem to match those on your production environment that
you quoted further down. Do you also use kmymoney with HBCI on that
production environment?
If not, I may have to go looking for more recent versions of gwnhywfar
and aqbanking...
> (don't get confused by the 4.99.9 above - this is due to a cmake problem which
> actually does<  4.99.9 instead of<= 4.99.9) and later on
>
> -------- KMyMoney 4.5.0-svn1165436 --------
>
> Configure results (user options):
> OFX plugin:                              yes
>
> KBanking plugin:                         yes
>
> iCalendar export plugin:                 yes
Same for me here.

> Configure results (developer options):
> Qt-Designer library support:             yes
>
> Generate developer documentation:        no
>
> Build unit tests:                        yes
>
> Generate API documentation w/ Doxygen:   yes
>
> Build type: RelWithDebInfo
I've got a "no" in every of these developer options, and the same build
type RelWithDebInfo.
> In this case, the KBanking plugin will be build.
The KBanking plugin /does/ get built for me, only it crashes when using
HBCI at runtime!

> Which versions of AqBanking/Gwenhywfar do you use? I have here (on my
> development environment):
>
>    thb at localhost:~>  aqbanking-config --vstring
>    4.99.8
>    thb at localhost:~>  gwenhywfar-config --vstring
>    3.99.10
>
> and on a different system (my production environment):
>
>    thb at dollo:~>  aqbanking-config --vstring
>    4.2.4
>    thb at dollo:~>  gwenhywfar-config --vstring
>    3.11.3
>
> and I think those are the two extremes of supported versions.
Same as your last one here:

    joerg at linux-sy71:~/Download/kmymoney-4.5/build> aqbanking-config
    --vstring
    4.2.4
    joerg at linux-sy71:~/Download/kmymoney-4.5/build> gwenhywfar-config
    --vstring
    3.11.3

> Hope that helps to get you started.
Out of curiosity, do you do a "make install", or do you build RPMs that
you install afterwards using some package manager? I'm doing "make
install", and I wonder whether that's so clever.

Regards,
Jörg