Compiling Master Branch

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 16 01:28:42 BST 2024

I"m not at the PC where I compile KMM, so this is from memory. To me, it
still looks like the current default is to prepare for ninja instead of
make.  Try to  cd into the build dir and type "ccmake" and look for the
build system.  If it's ninja, try changing it to make.  The command line
parameter to cmake is -G, but I don't know if you need to say "make' or
"Unix Makefiles." (man ccmake)

What confuses me (although I suppose there is just something about the
process I've forgotten) is why cmake is apparently calling make instead
of ninja if that's the issue, although I am obviously not certain.

You say "when it gets to the make step" but I don't think cmaket
normally calls make by itself, so are you sure it's cmake calling make,
or is it your script?   If it's your script, I'd suggest (if I'm right
about the cause) changing from make to ninja, if it's available for
you.  I find it seems to complete the build quicker than make, although
I admit that might be wishful thinking.