Compiling Master Branch

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu May 16 07:26:25 BST 2024

On Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2024 02:04:38 CEST Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> On 5/15/24 10:54, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > Note in the output:
> > -- The following features have been enabled:
> >  * LibOFX, Enables OFX import, export, and Direct Connect using LibOFX
> > library.
> >
> > So, I suspect your problem lies other than with libofx.
> >
> > -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> > make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> >
> > What command had you typed? Configuring is usually done by cmake, so I
> > don't know why  it looks like make is complaining.
> >
> > If this is part of some more complete build system, is it possible
> > that cmake is being told to use ninja, but the build system is trying
> > to use make?  Look at the cmake line, and there should be a parameter
> > to tell it whether to prepare for ninja or make.
> >
> Thanks for your help.

Ninja vs. make is not the problem here. According to the above,
cmake is called w/o -G to specify the generator and in that case
"Unix Makefiles" is the default. So using make is correct. But

shows that cmake encountered a problem and did not produce the
Makefiles which is the cause that make complains to find none.

> I wrote scripts to compile and install KMM many years ago. They stopped
> working on the 5.1 branch last fall but I didn't bother to troubleshoot
> them since there wasn't much going on with the 5.1 branch. At the time,
> I was able to compile the master branch once I compiled and installed
> the required version of libalkimia.
>
> This is the first time I have tried to compile the master branch in a
> while. I am not a developer and worked with this list back when I
> created the scripts in order to get them to work.

Yes, I remember that :)

> My scripts appear to run cmake and then make. This error happens while
> cmake is running. Luckily I echo the command that the scripts runs which is:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
> -DKDE_INSTALL_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins
> /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-2024.05.15-10.12.47-GIT-MASTER
>
> When it gets to the make step the output is:
>
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

> If I remember correctly, cmake makes the makefile, which make uses.
> Since cmake fails, it appears the makefile does not get created.

Exactly. Unfortunately, I don't see the actual cause of the
problem in the information you provided. Can you please share
(possibly as a tar.gz compressed archive) the following here
as attachment:

- your script(s)
- the full output of the run
- CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log
- CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log

Thanks in advance.

Good judgment comes from experience,
experience comes from bad judgment -- Chuck Hackett