Compiling Master Branch

Brendan Coupe 3 at Coupe7.com
Thu May 16 01:04:38 BST 2024

On 5/15/24 10:54, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> Note in the output:
> -- The following features have been enabled:
>  * LibOFX, Enables OFX import, export, and Direct Connect using LibOFX
> library.
>
> So, I suspect your problem lies other than with libofx.

> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>
> What command had you typed? Configuring is usually done by cmake, so I
> don't know why  it looks like make is complaining.
>
> If this is part of some more complete build system, is it possible
> that cmake is being told to use ninja, but the build system is trying
> to use make?  Look at the cmake line, and there should be a parameter
> to tell it whether to prepare for ninja or make.

Thanks for your help.

I wrote scripts to compile and install KMM many years ago. They stopped
working on the 5.1 branch last fall but I didn't bother to troubleshoot
them since there wasn't much going on with the 5.1 branch. At the time,
I was able to compile the master branch once I compiled and installed
the required version of libalkimia.

This is the first time I have tried to compile the master branch in a
while. I am not a developer and worked with this list back when I
created the scripts in order to get them to work.

My scripts appear to run cmake and then make. This error happens while
cmake is running. Luckily I echo the command that the scripts runs which is:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
-DKDE_INSTALL_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins
/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-2024.05.15-10.12.47-GIT-MASTER

When it gets to the make step the output is:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

If I remember correctly, cmake makes the makefile, which make uses.
Since cmake fails, it appears the makefile does not get created.

--
**
*Brendan Coupe*