Error in labels

Thomas Baumgart tbaumgart at kde.org
Tue Apr 25 12:24:45 BST 2023

Kjetil,

On Dienstag, 25. April 2023 12:56:14 CEST Kjetil Sørlund via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> Hi
>
> During my translation of KMyMoney I have encountered this little thing:
>
> This label appears when you have made an Investment account. In the
> ledger of that investment account you make a new investment using New.
> Then you add a security and configure Price entry to Total of all
> shares. When this is saved the screen looks like this.
>
> Originally I was going to ask if it was all right to omit the word
> transaction to get the entire label to show.  However, as I was
> researching the issu further I realizes that if I select a security from
> the drop down menu the layout pops into place and shows the entire label.
>
> My request has, because of this discovery, been altered to: is it
> possible to get the layout to change when you create a security as well
> as when you choose an existing security?

We can look into it, though the transaction editor has been completely
rewritten for the next major version and the problem may be solved in
the meantime.

> This label I reckon has the ID 2911 in the .PO file. I also see the
> exact string in ID 3322 but I as of now I haven't found that particular
> string in the program.

I don't know where you got those IDs from. I looked into the German PO
file and found the following entries for the string in question:

#: kmymoney/views/investactivities.cpp:270
#, kde-format
msgctxt "@label:textbox"
msgid "Transaction amount"
msgstr "Buchungsbetrag"

#. i18n: ectx: property (text), item, widget (QTableWidget, summaryView)
#: kmymoney/views/splitdialog.ui:585
#, kde-format
msgid "Transaction amount"
msgstr "Buchungsbetrag"

where the former one is the one you are talking about and the latter is
used in the split dialog.

Q: Do you know how can I telnet on a EIDE hard disk over the case?
A: You should boot with a jumper to reset the ADSL program.