new question/problem with direct connect

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 11 20:53:01 BST 2022

I've been working with my contact at Merrill Lynch to try to at least
be able to talk with someone with some technical knowledge, and I just
forwarded her a (redacted) copy of the ofxlog.txt from my latest
attempt to download data - which "succeeds" but does not contain any
transaction data, just stock position data.  However, in looking at the
file, I see a problem in the line

<DTSTART>546361101

Running a 5.1.3 appimage, that line is

<DTSTART>20220925

and that version actually does still download transactions from my
Merril Lynch accounts.

546361101 seems to translate to 1987-04-25 although I have no idea
where that date would have come from.  I also don't see any code that
would use that form of the date without converting to ISODate.  I've
looked at the git log for
kmymoney/plugins/ofx/import/dialogs/mymoneyofxconnector.cpp and don't
see anything related to any lines dealing with dtstart, although I may
well have misread that log and/or be looking at the wrong file.

Any thoughts?  With the recent discussions about the Open Banking
related changes, I don't want to lose access to accounts that still
work with direct connect.