new question/problem with direct connect

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Oct 12 21:10:47 BST 2022

On Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2022 21:53:01 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> I've been working with my contact at Merrill Lynch to try to at least
> be able to talk with someone with some technical knowledge, and I just
> forwarded her a (redacted) copy of the ofxlog.txt from my latest
> attempt to download data - which "succeeds" but does not contain any
> transaction data, just stock position data.  However, in looking at the
> file, I see a problem in the line
>
> <DTSTART>546361101
>
> Running a 5.1.3 appimage, that line is
>
> <DTSTART>20220925
>
> and that version actually does still download transactions from my
> Merril Lynch accounts.

The ofxlog.txt file contains the data as received from the bank. If
it shows these weird values, then it is a problem introduced by the
sender. Does the request part show a date range and is that valid?
Is there a difference in the logs (esp. the request part) between
5.1.3 and the version you use to get those weird results?

> 546361101 seems to translate to 1987-04-25 although I have no idea
> where that date would have come from.  I also don't see any code that
> would use that form of the date without converting to ISODate.  I've
> looked at the git log for
> kmymoney/plugins/ofx/import/dialogs/mymoneyofxconnector.cpp and don't
> see anything related to any lines dealing with dtstart, although I may
> well have misread that log and/or be looking at the wrong file.

That data is parsed by libofx so you cannot find anything in KMyMoney
other than the code you find in OFXImporter::ofxStatementCallback but
that uses the data extracted by libofx.

> Any thoughts?  With the recent discussions about the Open Banking
> related changes, I don't want to lose access to accounts that still
> work with direct connect.

I do understand that, but we can't do anything when the bank sends
that kind of data.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1