ofxhome.com going away

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jan 25 09:26:47 GMT 2022

Jack,

On Dienstag, 25. Januar 2022 08:35:38 CET Jack Burke via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> New KMyMoney user. I'm testing it out to a if I should start using it, and while trying to figure out some of the bank account configuration, I saw it connected to ofxhome.com to pull information. So, of course I went there to look for data I was interested in. At the top of the home page is a message about the site shutting down, with a link to http://www.ofxhome.com/ofxforum/viewtopic.php?id=49843
>
> I tried searching this list and the user mailing list, and the bug database, but didn't find any discussion of this (or I'm just not doing a very good search) , so I thought I'd mention it here in case it hasn't been noticed, since it looks important to KMyMoney.

Thank you for the information. We are aware of the fact and a resp. message was posted to the kde-finance-apps list early this year.

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-finance-apps/2022-January/001142.html

Unfortunately, we don't have a solution to the problem yet other than discontinuing to use the service and rely on manual data entry by the user. We are aware of the fact, that this is not the most user-friendly solution but don't know of any alternative atm.

Mankind makes a lot of things wrong, but if you really want to
screw up, you need to use a computer! (Juergen von der Lippe - German comedian)