can't create new transaction (master)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Aug 2 06:45:01 BST 2022

On Montag, 1. August 2022 22:39:39 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> On 8/1/22 15:52, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > On Montag, 1. August 2022 20:16:40 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> >> I'm just starting my big monthly update and reconciliation, and I find
> >> I can't create any new transaction.  I've tried in investment,
> >> brokerage, checking, and credit card accounts.  I'm currently on
> >> KMyMoney Version 5.1.80-98b2bf741.  I see no errors or other useful
> >> messages to console.  Could this be an unintended consequence of an
> >> unrelated recent change?
> > Ooops, a bug. I have an idea what the problem is (the empty transaction at
> > the bottom is missing) and it is certainly related to a recent change of mine.
> > Should be easy to fix - hope to find some time until I go to bed (soon).
> > Otherwise, you'll get it tomorrow.
> >
> > p.s. I did not notice because I mostly do transaction download only these days.
>
> I also do mostly all downloads, but manual entry is still necessary.
> First, I enter all/most of my checks when I write them so I don't forget
> what they are for.  The download from the bank usually does not include
> who it was written to.  I also need to enter some transactions for my
> Merrill Lynch accounts.  For some unpredictable subset of my accounts,
> the interest transaction is not downloaded, and there are some odd
> investment transactions which are not downloaded either.  Today's
> example was a dividend of some shares of stock, which I missed to enter
> last month, and only caught checking the current number of shares
> owned.  It was not a split, but marked as a dividend in the PDF
> statement.  Odd? That's ML for me.

Oh, no need to justify why you need it: I simply broke it and fixed it :)

> Thanks for the quick fix.
>
> However, another question related to this fix.  I used to be able to
> enter a new transaction by clicking on the empty transaction at the
> bottom of the ledger.  I have found that no longer works for me in the
> new ledger.  I even resorted to adding "New Transaction" to the tool
> bar, although Ctl-Ins is certainly easy enough.  Is this intentional, or
> a side effect of the new ledger, or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe the latter (though I doubt it). It works for me. In fact, that is
how I verified that my fix solves your problem last night. In case the
item at the bottom of the ledger is already selected, a double-click should
also start the editor.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1