can't create new transaction (master)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 1 21:39:39 BST 2022

On 8/1/22 15:52, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On Montag, 1. August 2022 20:16:40 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>> I'm just starting my big monthly update and reconciliation, and I find
>> I can't create any new transaction.  I've tried in investment,
>> brokerage, checking, and credit card accounts.  I'm currently on
>> KMyMoney Version 5.1.80-98b2bf741.  I see no errors or other useful
>> messages to console.  Could this be an unintended consequence of an
>> unrelated recent change?
> Ooops, a bug. I have an idea what the problem is (the empty transaction at
> the bottom is missing) and it is certainly related to a recent change of mine.
> Should be easy to fix - hope to find some time until I go to bed (soon).
> Otherwise, you'll get it tomorrow.
>
> p.s. I did not notice because I mostly do transaction download only these days.

I also do mostly all downloads, but manual entry is still necessary.
First, I enter all/most of my checks when I write them so I don't forget
what they are for.  The download from the bank usually does not include
who it was written to.  I also need to enter some transactions for my
Merrill Lynch accounts.  For some unpredictable subset of my accounts,
the interest transaction is not downloaded, and there are some odd
investment transactions which are not downloaded either.  Today's
example was a dividend of some shares of stock, which I missed to enter
last month, and only caught checking the current number of shares
owned.  It was not a split, but marked as a dividend in the PDF
statement.  Odd? That's ML for me.

Thanks for the quick fix.

However, another question related to this fix.  I used to be able to
enter a new transaction by clicking on the empty transaction at the
bottom of the ledger.  I have found that no longer works for me in the
new ledger.  I even resorted to adding "New Transaction" to the tool
bar, although Ctl-Ins is certainly easy enough.  Is this intentional, or
a side effect of the new ledger, or am I doing something wrong?