Are Investment Online Price Updates (Ranged) Broken

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 2 19:24:52 GMT 2021

On 2021.03.02 00:04, Joel Madero wrote:
> Just want to figure out if I'm doing something wrong of if the feature
> is broken.
>
> If I do the following:
>
>  * Investments -> Right Click on any Investment -> Online Price Update
>    -> Enter a range (I'm entering 17/12/2017 - 01/03/2021). Then I
>    click "Ok"
>

> How can I tell if something is actually happening? What is supposed to
> actually happen? Is it pulling closing price every day during that
> range? If so, I don't think it's working based on a quick report I
> generated to see what the value of a stock was between two pretty
> close
> in time dates (where I didn't purchase or sell anything) and there was
> no difference in starting or ending value which leads me to think that
> the online quotes aren't really pulling any data at all.
>

> Thoughts appreciated. Manually entering values for dozens of
> investments
> over years of trading is going to be very difficult.
Hello  Joel,

I haven't looked at the code, so I can't say exactly what is supposed
to happen, but I have never succeeded in pulling any more than the
single most recent price for any stock, no matter what dates I enter.

Are you aware you can see all prices KMM has for a given stock?  Under
Tools/Prices, enter a search term for the stock you want (name or
symbol) and then check the "Show all stored prices"   This will show
the currency, date, price, and source used for each entry.