MergeRequest and AppImage Build

Dawid Wrobel me at dawidwrobel.com
Sat Feb 20 17:26:18 GMT 2021

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 3:08 AM Alexander Maret-Huskinson <alex at maret.de> wrote:

> Thanks, I have seen that image. But the requirements for an AppImage
> builder image are a bit different. When building AppImages we want a
> base distribution that is as old as possible, but still supported with
> security updates. This way we maximize glibc compatibility.

Makes complete sense.

> Right now, I still have problems building the dependencies. Had to fix a
> few cmake issues here and there, but I didn't manage to get a successful
> build of all the external dependencies yet.

I am working ([[1-5]) on bringing the required missing KMM
dependencies to vcpkg. My end goal is to use that to build AppImage,
Windows and macOS packages.
Maybe it would be worth spending your effort in further advancing
that? The advantage, apart from many others, is that once accepted
upstream, the community maintains them.

[1] https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/issues/23
[2] https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/13467
[3] https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/13469