MergeRequest and AppImage Build

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Sat Feb 20 08:08:36 GMT 2021

Hello Dawid,

On 20.02.21 08:38, Dawid Wrobel wrote:
>>> Another thing I'm working on is a Docker image to build the KMyMoney
>>> AppImage, because I want to debug an issue where QtQuick is not
>>> working.
>>>
>>> Would you be interested in such a Docker image? I think it's a great
>>> way
>>> to allow everyone to get reproducible builds from any machine.
>> That would be cool. There are more issued with the AppImage build itself
>> and also I think it lacks translations.
> For what it's worth, we already have a base Dockerfile image in the
> repository (docker/ folder) that is suitable for debugging KMyMoney.
> Feel free to use it as a reference/base.

Thanks, I have seen that image. But the requirements for an AppImage
builder image are a bit different. When building AppImages we want a
base distribution that is as old as possible, but still supported with
security updates. This way we maximize glibc compatibility.

Currently I'm using Ubuntu Xenial as a base, but I was actually thinking
of switching to CentOs7 at some point.

Right now, I still have problems building the dependencies. Had to fix a
few cmake issues here and there, but I didn't manage to get a successful
build of all the external dependencies yet.

All the Best
Alex