appimages still failing

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Dec 30 08:58:55 GMT 2021

Hi everyone,

On Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2021 01:17:09 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> It seems that since converting the appimage builds to use Craft, they
> have not completed a successful build.  As I read the logs, it looks
> like it's failing building deps, specifically when linking gwenhywfar.
> The error I see is "/usr/bin/ld: cttest.o: undefined reference to
> symbol 'libintl_bindtextdomain'."  From my likely inadequate searching
> and simplistic understanding, might this be as simple as a missing
> -lintl somewhere?

That is what I was thinking, the problem is to figure out where this needs
to be inserted.

> NOTE:  I finally found and dug into the Craft blueprints repository,
> and found a relevant MR from three days ago - so I can see that this is
> being worked on.

Can you post the link? Then I can save some time for the search.

> I know available time is tight, and actually fixing
> the problem is certainly more important than talking about it, but I'd
> like to request that there be at least occasional updates on the status
> of this (and similar future) issues to save a lot of folks wondering if
> it just slipped through the cracks.

What I have done so far:

1) chatted with KDE sysadmin about the problem to get their feedback
2) contacted the maintainer of Gwen/AqB to get help/fix. Here's what he did yesterday

https://www.aquamaniac.de/rdm/projects/gwenhywfar/repository/diff/configure.ac?utf8=%E2%9C%93&rev=f47694a4f8721def02424224d661b0971d8f5bfc&rev_to=4961b5bfce972848f7ae233a46d03849e20953e7

3) work on setting up a docker image to build AppImages (time consuming process - mostly waiting)

What I will do next:

4) Take the results of 2) and try them locally (which is OK) and then somehow
   get it to the CI craft build (the fix is in git only as of this time, so
   there is a bit of work ahead)
5) continue with 3)
6) do more work on KMyMoney (Multi-Currency-Input and Cusomizable tab order for input fields)

Hope that gives some insights

The good thing about FOSS is that people can see your code and comment it.
The bad thing is that people can see your code and comment it. (asoliverez)