appimages still failing

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 30 00:17:09 GMT 2021

It seems that since converting the appimage builds to use Craft, they
have not completed a successful build.  As I read the logs, it looks
like it's failing building deps, specifically when linking gwenhywfar.
The error I see is "/usr/bin/ld: cttest.o: undefined reference to
symbol 'libintl_bindtextdomain'."  From my likely inadequate searching
and simplistic understanding, might this be as simple as a missing
-lintl somewhere?

NOTE:  I finally found and dug into the Craft blueprints repository,
and found a relevant MR from three days ago - so I can see that this is
being worked on.  I know available time is tight, and actually fixing
the problem is certainly more important than talking about it, but I'd
like to request that there be at least occasional updates on the status
of this (and similar future) issues to save a lot of folks wondering if
it just slipped through the cracks.

Thanks.