workflow question

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun May 31 10:22:54 BST 2020

On Sonntag, 31. Mai 2020 01:44:23 CEST Jack wrote:

> I don't know why I'm having problems with this, but how does one keep a
> fork updated with the source?  All my searching points to mirroring, but
> that seems to be restricted to administrators in KDE's GitLab.  Since I
> do have commit privs to the main repository, I know I can just create a
> new branch, work there, push it to invent.kde.org and create an MR
> there.  I know there is a convoluted way to pull from upstream to your
> local clone, do work, push to your fork and create an MR, but assuring
> no merge conflicts seems to require great care in doing things in the
> right order.

Not sure, but there was a recent post by Albert on

https://tsdgeos.blogspot.com/2020/02/working-with-different-remotes-in-git.html[1]

which may provide some info to you.

I can break things just fine by myself,
I don't need (KDE) 4.2 to help me. -- Bill Suit

--------
[1] https://tsdgeos.blogspot.com/2020/02/working-with-different-remotes-in-git.html