workflow question

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 31 00:44:23 BST 2020

I don't know why I'm having problems with this, but how does one keep a
fork updated with the source?  All my searching points to mirroring, but
that seems to be restricted to administrators in KDE's GitLab.  Since I
do have commit privs to the main repository, I know I can just create a
new branch, work there, push it to invent.kde.org and create an MR
there.  I know there is a convoluted way to pull from upstream to your
local clone, do work, push to your fork and create an MR, but assuring
no merge conflicts seems to require great care in doing things in the
right order.