Contribute localization to Trunk or Stable? Linux mobile plans?

jvapr27 at gmail.com jvapr27 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 15:03:51 BST 2019

Hi Thomas,

Awesome to hear that multi-tab ledger is on its way!

I am not an accouting expert at all either. I took 3 classes in college
and hated it at the time. Now, I see the value in understanding those
concepts.

Since we do not have Business reports to generate, although they may
still be useful to personal accouting if you wish to consider your
household a busines(not a bad idea in my mind), we do not have to worry
about generating a Balance Sheet report, Account Aging reports etc..

Really, on the personall accounting side, I would like to see a
CashFlow (money in, money out) report that does not have transactions
listed. I just want to quickly be able to tell if I am increasing
cashflow or decreasing. In KMM, what I did was use the Netflow report,
renamed it cashflow, showed the transfers, and selected only the assets
accounts. This allowed me to see the money into my assets, and money
out of them. Basically, a cashflow report. The accouting Statement of
Cashflow report would list the accounts involved in the report and the
money in and out of each account towards the Assets accounts. Although
such report would be awesome to have, for personal use what I did with
the Netflow report is fine.

The other, low haging fruit.. I think, would be to split the amounts
from using the (-) negative sign to show decreases. Instead, it should
show an amount and be either a Credit or Debit column, which depending
on the account would indicate an increase or decrease(this is why KMM
decided to use th negative symbol). Although more complex and takes
some getting used to, it is easier to sum up both columns (Debits and
Credits ) and see how much money went in, and out.

I will see if I can find some friends that are accounting majors that
may want to help. That would really be the best as I only understand
the surface level of accounting.

BTW, GnuCash is having the struggle of people asking for TAGs,
Categories(really classes) to be used in an analytical fashion. GnuCash
is saying thier accounting tool, is not intended to do analytical
reporting on. :) We may have a lot of more users interested in KMM
soon.

thanks,

JV