Contribute localization to Trunk or Stable? Linux mobile plans?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Sep 22 05:46:47 BST 2019

On Sonntag, 22. September 2019 02:52:45 CEST Jesus Varela wrote:

> FYI, there already is a mobile version of GnuCash. It is actually quite
> good. It dies not sync into the GnuCash desktop app automatically. But
> export and import, to desktop, capabilities are there.
>
> Some feedback: to compete with GnuCash, KMM needs to include reports based
> on accounting practices. I know KMM targets home users that don't know the
> difference between a credit or debit to an account, but experienced users
> do and know it is best to have reports that way. GnuCash falters in that it
> does not allow for tags or classes. Categories are just accounts in
> GnuCash. KMM, from what I understand backs up categories with accounts, to
> follow double entry accounting standards. So we are half way there. We just
> need the reports to show correctly.

In KMM categories are accounts. It's just a naming an display convention.

> Then once we have that working, I think a large number of users will flock
> over to KMM.plus we need to make the ledger tab-able. People like having
> multiple tabs.

Multiple account tabs are already foreseen and in the works.

> And we like being able to enter transactions in the expense
> accounts. It should be allowed. No reason not to.

Something we need to work on.

> GnuCash is currently fighting the battle on whether it should include
> categories/classes,or not. Try may just implement tags. KMM should allow
> trans entry in expense and income accounts, GAAP reporting style, fix the
> show balance graph. For liabilities it shows upside down.

It would be cool, if you can outline how the reports we have would need to be changed to solve the issue. I am by far not an accounting expert. If you can provide a sample file at the same time that would be just marvelous.

A clearly defined problem is half the solution! -- Julian Huxley