kmymoney: Reports enhancements.. What do you think?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 21 05:14:41 BST 2019

Jesus,

On Sonntag, 19. Mai 2019 06:23:36 CEST jvapr27 at gmail.com wrote:

> Team,
>
> I do not know where to post this idea, if you could direct me it would
> be great. Or if you think it is not a good idea, let me know as well.
>
> 1. Can we make the reports show the Debits/Credits in different
> columns?

That would be something interesting and probably aligns our reports more with the general form of accounting reports. Pagination would also be a cool addition.

> 2. Can we work on the Cash Flow report to make it similar to the
> GnuCash reports?

I don't know those, so I cannot comment.

> 3. Can we make the filtering lists be searchable? Or have a All Assets,
> All Liabilities, All Expenses, All Incomes button that would select the
> respective accounts?

Yes, that would be a nice addon. Currently, these selection widgets are still based on their KDE3 versions and are not converted to be based on QAbstractItemViews. A conversion of these widgets to QAbstractItemView makes the filtering relatively easy. The AccountModel should already help in that respect.

Regards

Thomas

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where
we can find information upon it. — Samuel Johnson (Boswell's Life of Johnson)