What is "Forecast (history)" in home page settings?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Mar 31 09:47:32 BST 2019

Hi,

On Samstag, 30. März 2019 23:48:53 CEST Jack Ostroff wrote:

> In the Configure KMyMoney, Home section, the list of optional sections
> for the home page includes "Forecast (history)"    When I toggle this,
> I do not see any change on the home page.  Was this section dropped or
> renamed and the entry in this list simply missed getting deleted?

Maybe it's another one of those features that were broken during refactoring. I will check.

> Related to this, it seems we have several names for the Home Page, Home
> View, Main Page.  I propose we stick with Home View (it seems to be the
> most common use in the Handbook.)  The one exception is the section on
> that page itself, which actually seems to be the only place calling it
> "The main window."  I would also propose changing this to The Home View.

Looking at https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/firsttime.mainwindow.html one can see, that the 'main window' is the whole application window including menu, tool button, the application area and the status line at the bottom.

The Home View is one of the selectable views. Using 'main window' for the Home View is certainly not correct.

Whenever I refer to a specific view to be selected via one of the icons in section C (see picture in manual) I use the name under the icon and append the word 'view'. So sticking with 'Home View' is just fine.

> Any comments or objections, please let me know.

Checking the historical forecast I stepped on another bug. Will create a bug entry and fix it.

640KB Memory should be enough for every computer.
 -- Bill Gates (1981)