KF5 Questions About Online Banking

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 30 16:11:19 UTC 2018

On 2018.03.30 11:50, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> When I open my KMM file in KF5 the accounts that were mapped do not
> show the option to "Update account". It's grayed out and the option
> to "Update all accounts" is grayed out.
Which exact version did you use as source?  The originally released
5.0.0 had a problem where it did not recognize existing account
mapping.  That was fixed in 5.0.1, and so should also be fixed in git
5.0 head and git master.  If not, someone will have to look again.

> I can unmap each account and remap it. Am I doing something wrong or
> is this a necessary step as part of the upgrade? I have a lot of
> accounts mapped so I'm hoping not to lose them.
No, you should not have to do that - it would only be a workaround.

> After remapping 3 accounts and then running "Update all accounts" I
> get the "Statement stats" window after each account successfully
> downloads an OFX file with new transactions in it. I have to click
> "OK" before it will download the next account. As I recall this was a
> problem many years ago and it was fixed (by Thomas) so that KMM 4.8
> brings up one "Statement stats" window at the end of the process only
> if at least one account had new transactions and it displays all of
> the accounts that had new transactions in one window.
I only map one account at a time, so I can't check this.  It probably
"should" still work, but a regression is possible.  Some of the
conversion to KF5 had unintended side effects.

> I found the emails from my original "feature request" on this issue.
> The first batch were in January 2009 (Subject: "Feature Request")
> with a followup in April 2009 (Subject: Feature Request - Update). I
> think it was finally working in June/July 2009 (Subject: Feature
> Request - Update All Accounts  Behavior). The text from the last
> email on the subject is copied below.
Given those messages refer to getting the CVS source, there have been
lots of changes to KMM since then, and although there may not have been
any intended change to that behaviour, as I said above, it is possible
that it was unintentionally changed.  One of the developers will have
to check the code to be sure.