Problems Compiling KMM KF5

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 29 15:27:26 UTC 2018

On 2018.03.29 11:11, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Jack,
>
> On Mittwoch, 28. März 2018 12:14:15 CEST Jack wrote:
>
> > Thomas,
> >
> > I think you misunderstood what I was suggesting.  The reason was in
> one
> > of Brendan's earlier message, it looked like it disabled the
> importers,
> > but without any statement of why.  So - my suggestion (expanded a
> bit)
> > was to first run "cmake .. <other settings>" and if there was no
> clear
> > indication of problems, to then do "ccmake ." (note the double "c"
> > which runs the interactive version) to see what was and was not
> > enabled.  At that point, I think you can manually change a setting,
> and
> > then when you hit "c" (to configure) it knows that has changed, so
> does
> > not just take previous settings from cache.  (I'd have to test
> again to
> > be absolutely sure, but I'm pretty sure I have done that in the
> past.)
>
> Ooops, I did not know, that one can run ccmake on the build dir. The
> doc says:
>
> Usage
>
>   ccmake <path-to-source>
>   ccmake <path-to-existing-build>
>
> Specify a source directory to (re-)generate a build system for it in
> the
> current working directory.  Specify an existing build directory to
> re-generate its build system.
>
> I don't understand the difference though, but at least it seems to
> work.
If you are in the build directory and run "ccmake <path-to-source>"
it's the same as doing cmake there, except it leaves you in the GUI.
"ccmake ." in the build directory just starts the GUI based on what's
already in the cache, so you can see what it has found, and then change
parameters and re-configure without starting from scratch.

> > Anyway - I see Łukasz did note a possibly missing package in one of
> > Bredan's outputs - maybe that will lead to success.
>
> Yes, if gwengui is not available in its Qt5 version than kbanking
> will not be
> available. If Brendan can get it for his distro depends on their
> packaging and
> building. Since I always build AqBanking and Gwenhywfar from source I
> don't
> know, but I have to configure it to build gwengui-qt5.

For finding gwengui-qt5, I can't find any packages for Fedora - I
wonder if an RPM for a different distribution would work?  There are
several listed at rpmfind.net.