new problem with 5.0 - it doesn't think mapped accounts are mapped

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 15 21:01:49 UTC 2018

Hello Jack,

On Montag, 15. Januar 2018 10:54:10 CET Jack wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> On 2018.01.15 02:45, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > On Sonntag, 14. Januar 2018 18:35:14 CET Jack Ostroff wrote:
> >> I just recompiled from the 5.0 branch, and there is a problem with
> >> the online mapping.  None of my mapped accounts show as mapped.
> >> However, if I click the Account menu, I see "Unmap account" enabled,
> >> and "Map account" is disabled.
> >
> > This could be caused by KMyMoney not finding the plugins. In case you
> > run from console, you get a list what is found. Here's as example how
>
> > I see it:
> I get about the same list as below
>
> > WebConnect: Try to connect to WebConnect server
> > WebConnect: Connect to server failed
> > WebConnect: Running in server mode
> > Plugins: csvexporter loaded
> > Plugins: csvimporter loaded
> > Plugins: gncimporter loaded
> > Plugins: icalendarexporter loaded
> > Plugins: kbanking loaded
> > Plugins: kbanking pluged
> > Plugins: ofximporter loaded
> > Plugins: printcheck loaded
> > Plugins: qifexporter loaded
> > Plugins: qifimporter loaded
> > Plugins: reconciliation report loaded
> > Plugins: weboob loaded
> > Cost center model created with items 0
> > Payees model created with items 0
> > reading file
> > start parsing file
> > startDocument
> > reading securities
> > endDocument
> > Start loading splits
> > Loaded 3216 elements
> > Loaded 28 elements
> > Loaded 3245 elements
>
> OT: what is the server WebConnect is trying to access?  Is it something
> old I've forgotten about, or a more recent change?

A more recent change. The first instance of KMyMoney starts a server any
further instance connects as client to it. This way, we run the WebConnect
feature on 5.0. On 4.x it was based on D-Bus but that does not work on other
OS.

> All the expected plugins say they are loaded.  (I don't have those last
> three "Loaded..." lines, but they certainly don't look critical.)

No, they are only visible if you have the ENABLE_UNFINISHEDFEATURES in cmake
set to ON (they default to OFF which is OK). They show what gets loaded into
the new ledger model for the new register code. I have this enabled here since
I am working on it.

> > Second check would be to see if they are listed and enabled in the
> > settings dialog.
>
> Yes, all are present and checked.

Weird, so they are found. There was a problem with a case conversion that
caused this problem, but if you are at 5.0 HEAD this should be fixed. The
problem was, that your file may contain a provider name like "KBanking" and it
is now called "kbanking" after a change by Lukasz. But we fixed that to only
compare the lower case versions (so basically case insensitive) and then they
should match. Here's the commit info:

commit 719f713999e8ac4d75ddf617d812ce28220e0c02
Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
Date:   Tue Jan 9 20:47:03 2018 +0100

    Fix account editor's online tab

    Bring back the online tab of the mapped provider for old data files,
    where the provider name may be spelled with mixed case letters and now
    the provider name is lower case only.

    Make sure to use and compare only lowercase provider names from now on.

> >> The first time I ran this version, I got a crash on trying
> >> Account/Edit, but that was one time only, with no repeat crash.
> >> (recomipiled twice, to see if there was a problem from a previous
> >> compile.)  I'll try one more clean compile if I have the time.
> >
> > I think this is more of an installation issue based on my own
> > experience during the past couple of weeks.
>
> agreed.

Maybe, it still finds some old installation, but it finds some. So that is
good.

> I'm going to be away from home for several days, so I'll just let this
> sit for now, and try again when I get back next weekend.

We'll take care of it once you're back.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception
of handguns and tequila. --Mitch Radcliffe