documentation status and question

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 2 14:21:03 UTC 2018

On 2018.02.02 02:34, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 18:01:52 CET Jack wrote:
>
> > It will be close, but I hope to finish one complete pass through the
> > manual before tomorrow night.  I am trying to concentrate on
> replacing
> > all the screenshots, and rewriting only those chapters where things
> > have changed in ways that might confuse a new user.
> >
> > Note that I suspect the screenshots will need another pass and
> probable
> > replacement, because I am not convinced I am really getting a
> > consistent set, in terms of correct theme - especially for all the
> > icons.  I don't think it is important enough to delay the release,
> but
> > should be fixed later.
>
> OK with me.
>

> > Also - if there is someone who is using the actual minimum version
> of
> > the Frameworks we require - can you please test whether the manual
> > compiles correctly.  I have eliminated many of the user entities
> from
> > index.docbook, but this will not work if they were introduced to a
> > later version than the minimum required.  (I think we are OK, as
> these
> > should all have been added to kde4 versions, and thus been in the
> > earliest Frameworks released, but I'd like to confirm, if possible.)
>
> What is the actual minimum version of the Frameworks we require? I
> honestly don't
> know and have no clue how to find out. Also, how do I find out the
> manual compiles
> correctly? I opened the manual via F1 and it shows (to me correctly).
That works.  There would be definite errors from meinproc when
compiling the docbook files into HTML for khelpcenter.  The only reason
I'm thinking about it is that NEW manuals (newly written, not updated)
use a different licensing than we have, and apparently the entities for
that were added more recently.  I'll be sending a separate message
about the licensing issues after this release is out, and I have more
time, since it is not at all critical.

> Here's the KF5 version I am using:
>
> thb at thb-nb:~/devel/kmymoney/build (5.0)$ kf5-config --kde-version
I get 5.40.0 for that.

I would think the minimum required version is somehow specified in the
CMake stuff.