yet another doc question

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Feb 2 07:30:30 UTC 2018

On Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 18:45:40 CET Jack wrote:

> On 2018.02.01 18:40, Jack Ostroff wrote:
> > When I went to take the screenshot for the institutions view, I found
> > that no columns except for the institution and account names were
> > present.  This optionality seems to be new.  I seemed obvious enough
> > to me to right click on the column header to add the other columns.
> > When I went to the Accounts view, it also started with only the name
> > column.  However, when I selected a column name to add there, I got a
> > popup asking if I wanted that column to appear in ALL views.  While
> > this makes sense, why did I not get that option when selecting
> > columns in the Institution view?  Is that intentional, or an
> > oversight?
>
> I also note that I am asked whether I want to add or remove a column
> from all views, when either adding or removing.  In addition, if I say
> NO to the all column add question, the column is not even added to this
> view.  That does not seem right to me.

I tried the removal with having Sort Code visible in accounts and categories view. When I
remove it on the categories view and answer No, it goes away but is still present on the
accounts and institution view. If I then remove it on the accounts view and answer Yes, it
will be removed from both, the accounts and institution view. So far, that looks ok to me.

Adding in conjunction with No does not seem to work as expected.

> Additional question here - what are the CC and Sort Code columns for?

CC is for Cost Center and will identify if a cost center assignment is necessary for a split
referencing a category. The view will show a check mark if the requirement is present.

Opening the category editor (select a category, edit it) will show the "Cost center
assignment required" option towards the bottom of the dialog. This controls the check
mark in the view.

The cost center stuff is not yet functional in anything other than the account/category
editor and view. It is used in the new ledger code already, but we don't have that yet. So it's
something for a future feature.

Not sure, if we can easily remove it, since this will be a string change. Maybe, we can add a
section about cost centers and that it is work in progress.

Sort Code is showing the content of the IBAN field of an account.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
Windows 8 is truly the first Windows version made for the Internet
era... I had to search the web to figure out how to reboot.
-- Eike Hein (paraphrased)