new hint on account unmapping problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Apr 19 07:16:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 19. April 2018 00:06:24 CEST Jack wrote:

> Since the release of 5.0, there have been several different threads
> about accounts not being able to update (direct-ofx) but still
> appearing mapped (you can unmap the account, but not update it.)
>
> I just ran into this again with a version compiled from git head maybe
> two weeks ago.  (I'm starting a new compile now.)  My main investment
> account showed this problem.  So - I unmapped and remapped, set the
> download start date, updated the account, fixed some transaction
> details, and saved the file.  I noticed some apparently missing
> transactions, and went to update the account again - but it was back in
> the starting state - no online details in the account edit page, but I
> can unmap and remap.  I did that, then immediately saved the file, and
> it reverted to not being able to update the account.
>
> Does this seem like something in the file/save process is changing
> something so it won't work?  I have not yet identified anything in the
> file that seems wrong, but other accounts at the same broker (Merrill
> Lynch) continue to work fine, so far only this one account shows this
> problem.
>
> Does this trigger any thoughts as to what might be going on?

I thought, that I have fixed that a while ago on

the 5.0 branch:

commit bd6c509f2b2bef5fed962e751d13e14c68190980 (5.0)
Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
Date:   Mon Apr 2 10:35:42 2018 +0200

    Keep the OFX importer object name as provider

    Using the new plugin structure there is no need to use a fixed name
    anymore. Use the objectName() instead and things match.

    BUG: 392603
    FIXED-IN: 5.0.2

and master as well:

commit 4480920d5d8627384e5cf1a1396644191e732df5
Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
Date:   Mon Apr 2 10:39:08 2018 +0200

    Keep the OFX importer object name as provider

    Using the new plugin structure there is no need to use a fixed name
    anymore. Use the objectName() instead and things match.

    BUG: 392603

    (cherry picked from commit bd6c509f2b2bef5fed962e751d13e14c68190980)

or do we chase a different one here?

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
The shortest words, namely yes and no,
require the most thoughts. -- Pythagoras of Samos