new hint on account unmapping problem

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 19 14:52:37 UTC 2018

On 2018.04.19 03:16, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Donnerstag, 19. April 2018 00:06:24 CEST Jack wrote:
>
> > Since the release of 5.0, there have been several different threads
> > about accounts not being able to update (direct-ofx) but still
> > appearing mapped (you can unmap the account, but not update it.)
> >
> > I just ran into this again with a version compiled from git head
> maybe
> > two weeks ago.  (I'm starting a new compile now.)  My main
> investment
> > account showed this problem.  So - I unmapped and remapped, set the
> > download start date, updated the account, fixed some transaction
> > details, and saved the file.  I noticed some apparently missing
> > transactions, and went to update the account again - but it was
> back in
> > the starting state - no online details in the account edit page,
> but I
> > can unmap and remap.  I did that, then immediately saved the file,
> and
> > it reverted to not being able to update the account.
> >
> > Does this seem like something in the file/save process is changing
> > something so it won't work?  I have not yet identified anything in
> the
> > file that seems wrong, but other accounts at the same broker
> (Merrill
> > Lynch) continue to work fine, so far only this one account shows
> this
> > problem.
> >
> > Does this trigger any thoughts as to what might be going on?
>
> I thought, that I have fixed that a while ago on
>
> the 5.0 branch:
>

> commit bd6c509f2b2bef5fed962e751d13e14c68190980 (5.0)
> Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
> Date:   Mon Apr 2 10:35:42 2018 +0200
>
>     Keep the OFX importer object name as provider
>
>     Using the new plugin structure there is no need to use a fixed
> name
>     anymore. Use the objectName() instead and things match.
>
>     BUG: 392603
>     FIXED-IN: 5.0.2
>

> and master as well:
>

> commit 4480920d5d8627384e5cf1a1396644191e732df5
> Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
> Date:   Mon Apr 2 10:39:08 2018 +0200
>
>     Keep the OFX importer object name as provider
>
>     Using the new plugin structure there is no need to use a fixed
> name
>     anymore. Use the objectName() instead and things match.
>
>     BUG: 392603
>
>     (cherry picked from commit
> bd6c509f2b2bef5fed962e751d13e14c68190980)
>

> or do we chase a different one here?
>

> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart

Of course with fresh compiles, I can no longer reproduce this. :-(
Perhaps the last of those commits was after my previous compile.

On the other hand, once KMM managed to correctly (?) import all pending
transactions in the problem account, I now have two more months with
the problem interest transactions I've mentioned elsewhere.  I got
January to work OK by downloading the dates other than the one with
those interest transactions, and I suppose I'll have to do that for Feb
and March also.   (I know the issue is at least partly due to how
Merrill Lynch creates those transactions, but once imported, they claim
the category used is a closed account and so I can't edit or delete the
transaction.  That category does appear still open, but we can keep
that discussion in the other thread.)