new hint on account unmapping problem

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 18 22:06:24 UTC 2018

Since the release of 5.0, there have been several different threads
about accounts not being able to update (direct-ofx) but still
appearing mapped (you can unmap the account, but not update it.)

I just ran into this again with a version compiled from git head maybe
two weeks ago.  (I'm starting a new compile now.)  My main investment
account showed this problem.  So - I unmapped and remapped, set the
download start date, updated the account, fixed some transaction
details, and saved the file.  I noticed some apparently missing
transactions, and went to update the account again - but it was back in
the starting state - no online details in the account edit page, but I
can unmap and remap.  I did that, then immediately saved the file, and
it reverted to not being able to update the account.

Does this seem like something in the file/save process is changing
something so it won't work?  I have not yet identified anything in the
file that seems wrong, but other accounts at the same broker (Merrill
Lynch) continue to work fine, so far only this one account shows this
problem.

Does this trigger any thoughts as to what might be going on?