KMM fails in Mageia6

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 3 19:34:46 UTC 2017

On 2017.09.03 04:02, Michael Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mageia6 KDE; using KMM version 4.8.0; KDE 4.14.35
>
> > Settings > KDE language settings: dialog does not show up (no
> errors/no warnings)
>
> KMM appears to behave normal in the beginning!!! but starts to
> produce garbled results in some accounts while it behaves normal in
> others. Repair apparently is not possible any more after the first
> save.
>
> Continuing to work results in more destruction and/or data loss.
>
> After a nightly repair of my data file I tried working in openSUSE
> Leap 4.2 and found a normal behavior (so far!?).
>
> Alternatively one can fall back to KMM in Mageia5.
>
> Any indications as to when a repair will be done?
>
> Thanks for this otherwise great application!
>
> Michael

There can't be any repair until the developers know what is actually
broken.  You will need to provide more information.

Have you reported this to Mageia?  My first thought is a packaging
issue, especially for the missing language settings.  For that, can you
run KDE System Settings, and make your changes there?  If not, then you
are either missing some underlying KDE package, or there might be a
problem with your base KDE install.

When you say a nightly repair of your data file, what exactly do you
mean?   Also, can you give more details on the nature of the data
destruction or loss?

Can you create a  simple test .kmy file, save a copy, then save it with
bad data?  If so, providing the original and bad versions might let
someone get a better idea of what's wrong.