Quickest way to git repository build?

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 17 12:11:10 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.16 23:51, Michael Wolfe wrote:
> All,
>
> I hope this question has an easy answer, and I apologize in advance
> for asking.
>
> I'd really like to be able to build with the latest git repository
> version so I can use the Chase bank OFX fix.  I'm currently using
> Windows 10, and don't know how to build on Windows.  I'd be perfectly
> fine using a Virtualbox image (or VMWare if it's easier).
>
> Does anyone know the fastest way to get to a good build environment
> for kmymoney?  Stock Suse / Kubuntu / something else? Dependencies to
> install once there and build instructions?
>
> Just trying to get a build up and running after trying with a Kubuntu
> install and spending ~4 hours the other day with no build to show for
> it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

I would not advise trying a KDE-Windows emerge based build.  I've been
trying on and off for months, and although I did get 4.8 built a while
back, I have not yet succeeded with git head from 4.8 brtanch.  A
cygwin based build (using KDE from Cygwin Ports) is more likely to
succeed, but there are still dependencies you would have to build
yourself also.

I suspect a Kubuntu 16.04 inside VirtualBox should be your easiest, and
you should be able to get some of the dependencies from Claydoh's PPA
on Launchpad.  Once you have the git clone done, there is also a
command to get most of the dependencies built, instead of getting one
at a time from failed cmake runs.  Unfortunately, I've long forgotten
it, and can't currently find it in the emails I still have.  Hopefully
someone who remembers will chime in.  However, even without it, you
just run cmake, and it will tell you the next missing dependency.