CSV Importing Issue

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:20:32 UTC 2016

My credit card statement company has revised their web site, and the
statement importing procedure has changed.

The KMM CSV importer is not happy with this new format.  All characters
have an interspersed null character (I think, probably 00). Each line is
followed by an additional line containing the same odd character.  So,
the import is incorrect.

If I import via Libre Office Calc, all is correct.  It is shown as
UTF-16.  If I load via Kate, this too looks wrong, unless I change the
encoding from UTF-8 to URF-16.  In the CSV importer, however, changing
the encoding from UTF-8 to URF-16 makes no apparent difference and the
original incorrect result still appears.

Reloading an earlier file is as normal.

So, it appears that the import encoding has changed and the CSV plugin
does not handle it correctly.  If anyone else can try this, I'd be
interested to hear.  I think probably a bug report is called for.