Success! was: still problems with libofx/clientuuid

jeffjl@outlook.com jeffjl.kde at outlook.com
Tue Oct 4 19:49:44 UTC 2016

On October 4, 2016 4:07 PM, Jack wrote:

>On 2016.10.03 02:20, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> On Monday 03 October 2016 02:33:49 jeffjl at outlook.com wrote:
>>
>>> On Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:31 PM, Jack wrote: I could see the
>>> clientuid box on the ofx details page, I  couldn't enter anything
>>
>>> If the box cannot be edited, it seems that the KMM build did not
>>> recognize that libofx supports CLIENTUID, and so disabled the box.
>>> And if that's true, then even if you hand edit the KMM file to add
>>> the CLIENTUID, KMM won't pass it to libofx because it thinks it's
>>> not supported.
>>
>> Well, the detection was fine, but the build environment did not tell
>> the cmopiler about it. This is now fixed in the 4.8 branch.

I just updated and tried this again on my Windows build (emerge/mingw) and I still get "No" support in the configure results. This is with cmake version 2.8.12.1. I'm not cmake literate but I played with it some and I don't see why it doesn't work. It finds libofx, it gets to the check_struct_has_member() call (I added a message(STATUS) just before that to make sure). I thought it might be a path problem so I tried putting the full path to my libofx.h in the check_struct_has_member() call and it still doesn't find it. I tried copying the example from the cmake documentation, then one time and one time only it printed status saying "Performing Test HAVE_TIMEVAL_TV_SEC" even though the file path in the command was invalid. Subsequent runs of the exact same command do not print that status. And I never saw a status like that for libofx. So I'm thinking my cmake is broken.

>I finally got it compiled, and it works just fine.  The only other
>thing I might like is an easier way to get the kmm-id to use.  Is there
>any current way to get it through the GUI?  Otherwise, I have to gunzip
>the kmy file and then grep the xml file for kmm-id.

It looks like the kmm-id is a Universally Unique Identifier file ID generated by QUuid when KMM makes a new storage file. I don't see any  other KMM use of it, or GUI access to it. I'm guessing your aqBanking setup used it for CLIENTUID, which is reasonable (except that using the same CLIENTUID at multiple institutions would be slightly less secure) but by no means required. As far as I can tell, CLIENTUID can be any string of characters you desire. In your case, you wanted to use what Chase already recognized for your account from your previous setup.