Success! was: still problems with libofx/clientuuid

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 4 21:43:57 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.04 15:49, jeffjl at outlook.com wrote:
> On October 4, 2016 4:07 PM, Jack wrote:

> >> Well, the detection was fine, but the build environment did not
> tell
> >> the cmopiler about it. This is now fixed in the 4.8 branch.
>
> I just updated and tried this again on my Windows build
> (emerge/mingw) and I still get "No" support in the configure results.
> This is with cmake version 2.8.12.1. I'm not cmake literate but I
> played with it some and I don't see why it doesn't work. It finds
> libofx, it gets to the check_struct_has_member() call (I added a
> message(STATUS) just before that to make sure). I thought it might be
> a path problem so I tried putting the full path to my libofx.h in the
> check_struct_has_member() call and it still doesn't find it. I tried
> copying the example from the cmake documentation, then one time and
> one time only it printed status saying "Performing Test
> HAVE_TIMEVAL_TV_SEC" even though the file path in the command was
> invalid. Subsequent runs of the exact same command do not print that
> status. And I never saw a status like that for libofx. So I'm
> thinking my cmake is broken.
Did you start with a completely empty build directory?  I vaguely
recall that cmake caches some stuff, and I never found a way to tell it
not to use the cache.  I suppose you could probably figure out the
specific file(s) to delete, but I just wiped it all out and started
from scratch.

> >I finally got it compiled, and it works just fine.  The only other
> >thing I might like is an easier way to get the kmm-id to use.  Is
> there
> >any current way to get it through the GUI?  Otherwise, I have to
> gunzip
> >the kmy file and then grep the xml file for kmm-id.
>
> It looks like the kmm-id is a Universally Unique Identifier file ID
> generated by QUuid when KMM makes a new storage file. I don't see
> any  other KMM use of it, or GUI access to it. I'm guessing your
> aqBanking setup used it for CLIENTUID, which is reasonable (except
> that using the same CLIENTUID at multiple institutions would be
> slightly less secure) but by no means required. As far as I can tell,
> CLIENTUID can be any string of characters you desire. In your case,
> you wanted to use what Chase already recognized for your account from
> your previous setup.
I think I manually used the kmm-id when I configured aqbanking, it was
not automatic.  As you say, since Chase already had that for me, I
wanted to use it unchanged.  Since it is a unique id for the KMM file,
it seems reasonable to use - even if you start with it and change a few
characters for each institution.  That seems easier to me than coming
up with a completely new one each time.  For example - change the last
four digits to the last four digits of the account number.  I do
consider my request to access kmm-id somewhere in the gui as a
wishlist.  Unless it's easy enough for someone to do quickly, I'll file
it as a wishlist in the bug tracker.