Plugins path in master branch

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 20 15:17:19 UTC 2016

I think this is related to an issue I ran into trying to have more than
one version of KMM installed on my system at the same time (in my case,
both production and development version of 4.x).  It is easy enough to
actually install them to different places, but much of where KDE looks
for things at runtime (icons, themes, plugins, ....) is controlled by
environment variables, so you have to be careful that you don't run one
executable which then finds the plugins compiled for the other
version.  (In addition, KDE caches much of this stuff, which is reset
by kbuildsycoca4 or 5 (build system configuration cache)).

Basically, this means there needs to be some coordination in settings
between compile time and runtime.

I suspect it's even more an issue when mixing KDE4 and Frameworks, such
as compiling for one under the other.

Jack