Plugins path in master branch

Łukasz Wojniłowicz lukasz.wojnilowicz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:40:34 UTC 2016

I use only development version, so it's not the same problem.

Dnia poniedziałek, 20 czerwca 2016 19:30:28 kmymoney-devel-request at kde.org
pisze:
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:17:19 -0400
> From: Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
> To: kmymoney-devel at kde.org
> Subject: Re: Plugins path in master branch
>
> I think this is related to an issue I ran into trying to have more than
> one version of KMM installed on my system at the same time (in my case,
> both production and development version of 4.x).  It is easy enough to
> actually install them to different places, but much of where KDE looks
> for things at runtime (icons, themes, plugins, ....) is controlled by
> environment variables, so you have to be careful that you don't run one
> executable which then finds the plugins compiled for the other
> version.  (In addition, KDE caches much of this stuff, which is reset
> by kbuildsycoca4 or 5 (build system configuration cache)).
>
> Basically, this means there needs to be some coordination in settings
> between compile time and runtime.
>
> I suspect it's even more an issue when mixing KDE4 and Frameworks, such
> as compiling for one under the other.
>

> Jack

Do you have to set QT_PLUGIN_PATH at all on your system after "sudo make
install" with master branch? If no, then what's your distro?

I configure my build according to README.cmake i.e.
"cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr"
Is there something, I could do more?