Citibank Visa OFX Problem

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 18 14:49:18 UTC 2016

On 2016.07.18 02:24, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> I mapped the old account to the new Citibank account and when i
>> downloaded the past 6 months nothing matched. I manually matched
>> everything and imported again and - again, nothing matched.
> > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Probably nothing. In general the bank transmits either the field ID
> or REF inside the transaction object. These are taken by KMM to
> identify the transaction (ID having the higher precedence). I suspect
> that you get the same data from both banks (which is weird by itself)
> but with different IDs. So KMM does not have a chance to match them
> as duplicates.
[snip...]
I don't know if this type of thing is done outside the US, but both of
these cards were issued (by different card companies) in partnership
with Costco, which is one of several "big box" or "warehouse" stores in
the US, where you have to be a member to shop there.  (BJs and Sam's
club are two others).  When Costco didn't renew their agreement with
American Express, they switched to Citibank VISA - but because the new
cards were replacements for the old ones (which were all canceled at
the time of the switch) they made arrangements for the transfer of the
historical data.

I only thought about the transaction IDs, and that they would likely
change in the new account, after Thomas mentioned it.