Citibank Visa OFX Problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jul 18 06:24:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sunday 17 July 2016 20:08:03 Brendan Coupe wrote:

> I mapped the old account to the new Citibank account and when i downloaded
> the past 6 months nothing matched. I manually matched everything and
> imported again and - again, nothing matched.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Probably nothing. In general the bank transmits either the field ID or REF
inside the transaction object. These are taken by KMM to identify the
transaction (ID having the higher precedence). I suspect that you get the same
data from both banks (which is weird by itself) but with different IDs. So KMM
does not have a chance to match them as duplicates.

Hope that explains what you are seeing.

Regards

Thomas

> Glad I made a backup:-)

It's always a good idea to have them around ;)

> *----Brendan*
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Brendan Coupe <brendan at coupeware.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the help. I know that my OFX downloads failed 2 weeks ago when
> > i gave up and switched to the Fedora version for the first time in many
> > years.
> >
> > I modified my script to get the 4.8 branch. Here is the new git clone
> > command for anyone else wondering how to get the source.
> >
> > git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kmymoney --branch 4.8
> >
> > This way I can get the bug fixes easily.
> >
> > I will wait for a while until KF5 settles down.
> >
> > I'm going to take your advice and map the old account to the new Citibank
> > Visa card.
> >

> > *----Brendan*
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> [please don't top post]

> >> bug fixes if any changes at all.  All current effort is going to complete
> >> the migration to Frameworks.  If you followed the rest of the GPG
> >> Encryption email thread you started, Cristian said OFX import wasn't
> >> ready
> >> yet, I said I had tried it and it worked, and Thomas clarified that there
> >> were actually two separate parts to it - the one to do mapping was not
> >> yet
> >> migrated to Frameworks and the part to do the actual download was
> >> migrated.  However, I would still not use the Frameworks version for
> >> production use quite yet.
> >>
> >> Right now, I suspect both versions would do the same thing with your
> >> Citibank download, so that's not a deciding factor.  However, changing
> >> the
> >> behavior to handle this issue will likely be done in Frameworks
> >> (eventually) and not likely back ported to 4.8.

The amount of experience is directly proportional to
the amount of destroyed equipment.