[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney daily PPA and KBanking

chuck chuck.colford at gmail.com
Tue May 19 00:13:25 UTC 2015

Cristian OneČ› <onet.cristian at ...> writes:
> This is the Dockerfile I used to run the latest release of KMyMoney
> from a container. After building the container I ran KMyMoney in the
> following way:
>
> XSOCK=/tmp/.X11-unix
> XAUTH=/tmp/.docker.xauth
> xauth nlist :0 | sed -e 's/^..../ffff/' | xauth -f $XAUTH nmerge -
> docker run -ti -v $XSOCK:$XSOCK -v $XAUTH:$XAUTH -e XAUTHORITY=$XAUTH
kmymoney

Thanks Christian:  I also got it going using the Dockerfile you provided.
This was my first time learning to use Docker so had to climb the learning
curve.  I'm running on a Linux Mint host so I had to install docker,
docker.io and apparmor before doing the build.

I then had to add my userid to the docker group so that I didn't need to
sudo everything.
sudo usermod -a -G docker $USER

I used the following build command within the directory containing the
Dockerfile:
docker build --rm -t kmymoney .

I was able to successfully launch KmyMoney using the following two
commands:
xhost +
docker run -ti --rm -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix
kmymoney

(I know the first line is overkill, but I'll tinker with it until it is a
bit more secure.)

KMyMoney runs well inside a Docker Container.  My next step is to figure
out how to map the .mny file local to my host.

Again - THANKS!  Your Dockerfile - and news that you were successful gave
me the resolve to accomplish this too.