[Kmymoney-devel] Guidance needed please

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:14:54 UTC 2015

On 20/03/15 11:01, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hi Allan,
> Usually, when you want to cherry pick a commit, you shouldn't rebase.
>
> the work would go like this.
>
> git checkout master
> ...do some coding...
> git commit
> git push origin master
>

> ...now to push it to stable branch...
> git checkout 4.7
> git cherry-pick <commit id>
> git push origin 4.7
>
> done!
>
> You may use branches at some points, but the cherry-picking to stable
> should be essentially that.
> Can you tell some more about your specific steps?
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

Thanks for that.  What I doing is based on several emails of yours -
[Kmymoney-devel]
Git workflow after backporting to origin/4.6
30-06-2012

git checkout 4.7
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/4.7
git checkout -b backportFixes
(work on the fixes, cherry-pick from other branches, etc.)

git checkout 4.7
git cherry-pick -x hash (this is my addition)

Once you are done with that, and I think the point where you are at now:
git checkout 4.7
git pull -r origin 4.7
git checkout backportFixes
git rebase 4.7