[Kmymoney-devel] Matching mystery

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:46:43 UTC 2015

On 12/03/15 15:27, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> Judging by the import log and cross-referencing it with the code it
> seems that this code in mymoneystatementreader.cpp is reached:
>
>        //
>        // Fill in other side of the transaction (category/etc) based on payee
>        //
>        // Note, this logic is lifted from KLedgerView::slotPayeeChanged(),
>        // however this case is more complicated, because we have an amount and
>        // a memo.  We just don't have the other side of the transaction.
>        //
>        // We'll search for the most recent transaction in this account with
>        // this payee.  If this reference transaction is a simple 2-split
>        // transaction, it's simple.  If it's a complex split, and the amounts
>        // are different, we have a problem.  Somehow we have to balance the
>        // transaction.  For now, we'll leave it unbalanced, and let the user
>        // handle it.
>        //
>
> Maybe you have a previous transaction involving that payee and that stock.
>
> Regards,
> Cristian

Yes, I did say that there are reinvest dividend transactions referencing
both accounts. However, Fidelity is an investment company with a very
large range of investments.  I have a number of different ones, but
generally they appear in that checking account with the investment name,
rather than Fidelity.  The majority are reinvest dividend.  There are
also dividend entries, but the payee name for these is variable, and
does not reference the actual investment.  I try to standardise the
payee name, and then have to determine the actual investment concerned.
  It is these that I am looking at now.

I'll try to have a look at that code, to try to get a better idea of
what is supposed to happen as against what actually happens.