[Kmymoney-devel] Matching mystery

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:27:09 UTC 2015

Judging by the import log and cross-referencing it with the code it
seems that this code in mymoneystatementreader.cpp is reached:

      //
      // Fill in other side of the transaction (category/etc) based on payee
      //
      // Note, this logic is lifted from KLedgerView::slotPayeeChanged(),
      // however this case is more complicated, because we have an amount and
      // a memo.  We just don't have the other side of the transaction.
      //
      // We'll search for the most recent transaction in this account with
      // this payee.  If this reference transaction is a simple 2-split
      // transaction, it's simple.  If it's a complex split, and the amounts
      // are different, we have a problem.  Somehow we have to balance the
      // transaction.  For now, we'll leave it unbalanced, and let the user
      // handle it.
      //

Maybe you have a previous transaction involving that payee and that stock.

Regards,
Cristian