[Kmymoney-devel] Matching mystery

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:12:44 UTC 2015

On 12/03/15 17:46, aga wrote:

> On 12/03/15 15:27, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>> Judging by the import log and cross-referencing it with the code it
>> seems that this code in mymoneystatementreader.cpp is reached:
>>
>>        //
>>        // Fill in other side of the transaction (category/etc) based
>> on payee
>>        //
>>        // Note, this logic is lifted from
>> KLedgerView::slotPayeeChanged(),
>>        // however this case is more complicated, because we have an
>> amount and
>>        // a memo.  We just don't have the other side of the transaction.
>>        //
>>        // We'll search for the most recent transaction in this account
>> with
>>        // this payee.  If this reference transaction is a simple 2-split
>>        // transaction, it's simple.  If it's a complex split, and the
>> amounts
>>        // are different, we have a problem.  Somehow we have to
>> balance the
>>        // transaction.  For now, we'll leave it unbalanced, and let
>> the user
>>        // handle it.
>>        //
>>
>> Maybe you have a previous transaction involving that payee and that
>> stock.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cristian
>>

> Yes, I did say that there are reinvest dividend transactions referencing
> both accounts. However, Fidelity is an investment company with a very
> large range of investments.  I have a number of different ones, but
> generally they appear in that checking account with the investment name,
> rather than Fidelity.  The majority are reinvest dividend.  There are
> also dividend entries, but the payee name for these is variable, and
> does not reference the actual investment.  I try to standardise the
> payee name, and then have to determine the actual investment concerned.
>   It is these that I am looking at now.
>
> I'll try to have a look at that code, to try to get a better idea of
> what is supposed to happen as against what actually happens.

I don't know if this is correct, or good enough, or sufficient,but what
I've done is, after
line 1135 MyMoneyAccount splitAccount = file->account(s.accountId()),
I've added
if (!splitAccount.accountType() == MyMoneyAccount::Stock) {
to bypass the following four lines.

Then, deleting the already imported transaction and re-importing, all
looks good.  I wondered if MyMoneyAccount::Investment might also need
including/excluding.

Or, perhaps I'm missing something.