[Kmymoney-devel] question on editing multiple investment transactions

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 00:54:44 UTC 2015

On 30/01/15 00:31, Jack wrote:
> I know there have been previous discussions about editing multiple
> transactions, but I don't remember if they addressed this particular
> issue, and my searching has not turned up anything useful.
>
> Scenario: I have several investment transactions in the ledger from
> about one year ago.  The same actions happened this year, but for some
> reason, they are not included in my download from the broker.  I can
> select them and click "Duplicate" but that puts them to today's date.  I
> want to move them to a different date.  If I select them all and click
> "edit" I can set the date, but Enter is still disabled.  If I change
> anything else to enable "Enter" it changes fields I do not want to
> change.  For example, they all have different memos and number of
> shares, so I want those fields not to be changed.  Should this be
> possible?  Should I just enter a new wishlist for this?  I did look, and
> didn't see anything relevant.
>
> Jack

I've just had a very quick look at this, and I'm not too sure.  As you
found, you can edit the date, but to enable Enter, you could select the
security, which I think has to be the same for all anyway.  However, I
noticed that that set the quantity and price to zero, so you have to
clear both those fields.  If you then click Enter, it does change the
date as required, but then you get a bunch of currency edit dialogs, so
you'd need to be careful what you accept.  I don't know if that should
happen.