[Kmymoney-devel] question on editing multiple investment transactions

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 30 01:18:38 UTC 2015

On 2015.01.29 19:54, aga wrote:
> On 30/01/15 00:31, Jack wrote:
>> I know there have been previous discussions about editing multiple
>> transactions, but I don't remember if they addressed this particular
>> issue, and my searching has not turned up anything useful.
>>
>> Scenario: I have several investment transactions in the ledger from
>> about one year ago.  The same actions happened this year, but for
>> some reason, they are not included in my download from the broker.
>> I can select them and click "Duplicate" but that puts them to
>> today's date.  I want to move them to a different date.  If I select
>> them all and click "edit" I can set the date, but Enter is still
>> disabled.  If I change anything else to enable "Enter" it changes
>> fields I do not want to change.  For example, they all have
>> different memos and number of shares, so I want those fields not to
>> be changed.  Should this be possible?  Should I just enter a new
>> wishlist for this?  I did look, and didn't see anything relevant.

> I've just had a very quick look at this, and I'm not too sure.  As
> you found, you can edit the date, but to enable Enter, you could
> select the security, which I think has to be the same for all
> anyway.  However, I noticed that that set the quantity and price to
> zero, so you have to clear both those fields.  If you then click
> Enter, it does change the date as required, but then you get a bunch
> of currency edit dialogs, so you'd need to be careful what you
> accept.  I don't know if that should happen.

Fortunately, these are all the same security, but all have different
numbers of shares (these happen to be "remove shares" transactions) and
different memos, so those are the two particular values I don't want to
change.  What I don't understand is why Enter is disabled if I only
change the date.  I would expect it to be able to set/change the date
in each transaction, but not change any other field.

I don't know how easy it would be to implement, but for any field with
different values across the transactions, I'd love to see it
"highlighted" in some way to indicate that either it will be left
unchanged in all transactions, or changed to whatever you enter for all
the transactions.