[Kmymoney-devel] Master branch is open for development

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:31:57 UTC 2014

> Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2014, 00:50:52 schrieb Cristian Oneț:
>> Version 4.7.0 is out, it's tagged in git and a 4.7 bugfix branch was
>> created. This means that master is open for the development of new
>> features.
>>
>> Christian: you could start merging the add-onlinebanking branch into
>> master whenever you find it appropriate
>
> Thank you Cristian! I still need some time because I have to implement the
> database storage first. But many of the minor issues are fixed already (but not
> pushed, I have legal concerns, see my mail before).

OK, we'll just have to wait for someone who has that knowledge to
answer that, if nobody on this list does that we could ask on other
KDE lists.

> The only problem left are the account numbers for payees. They are a usability
> nightmare. But I am not interested to solve them in the QWidget world anymore,
> just too many bad hacks and bugs :(

Is there some description of this feature somewhere, can I try it
without having a HBCI account? I'm asking because maybe I could help
if I would know what's needed, how you attempted to do that and what
problems you encountered. Right now I'm assuming that this is about a
widget which should be used to enter IBAN like numbers with validation
and auto complete, is that right?

> I did some tests with qml. Everything is better there :) But for a good desktop
> integration I need the Quick Controls and they are only for Qt 5. So my
> suggestion:
>
> 1) KMyMoney 4.8 won't have the account numbers feature. Of course KMyMoney's
> online banking would not have any advantages over using the web interface of
> the banks then.
>
> 2) Leave it as it is and live with the issues. In KMyMoney with Qt 5 there
> will be a polished version then.
>
> Btw: nobody protested against my review request [1] so can I push it? This
> solves several problems I had.

Sorry about that, I didn't had a clear opinion but I guess it should
be shipped if it fixes stuff.

I think I already said this sometime ago but I'll repeat it: I'm
willing to help with this feature if only there is a way to do it
without having an actual bank account. I can't believe that aqbanking
development is done using a real bank account of a developer.

Regards,
Cristian