[Kmymoney-devel] Master branch is open for development

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Fri Oct 3 18:27:39 UTC 2014

Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2014, 13:31:57 schrieb Cristian Oneț:
> > The only problem left are the account numbers for payees. They are a
> > usability nightmare. But I am not interested to solve them in the QWidget
> > world anymore, just too many bad hacks and bugs
>
> Is there some description of this feature somewhere, can I try it
> without having a HBCI account? I'm asking because maybe I could help
> if I would know what's needed, how you attempted to do that and what
> problems you encountered. Right now I'm assuming that this is about a
> widget which should be used to enter IBAN like numbers with validation
> and auto complete, is that right?

You are right. The new options for payees are only to create an address-book of
account numbers. This is totaly independent from the online banking plugins
because is is also useful for people without HBCI online banking.

First I should describe what I want to achieve and then how Qt tries to
prevent that ;)

The internal name payeeIdentifier already shows that I want to add "something"
that identifier a payee. The "something" can be an account number, but there is
a great number of other things. Think of PayPal, credit cards, customer numbers
and the new identifiers SEPA brought us. To make use of them — especially
during matching of imported transactions — KMyMoney must be able to use them
all. Also I wanted to that in an elegant way (and I think my solution is
good).

To achieve that all payeeIdentifiers are plugins. In the tab "account numbers"
of each payee should be a QListView which contains one payeeIdentifier per row.
It is the plugins task to offer a delegate which enables KMyMoney to show and
edit each row.

But QListView has two bugs. The painting method (paint) of the delegates cannot
know if the current row is edited at the moment => it always paints
everything. If the edit widgets are put on top now, the data in the background
shines through which looks ugly.

Even more annoying is the second bug which prevents a height change of rows.
During editing it is good to enlarge the row but this is not possible due to
that bug. But without enlargement I cannot display any info-text (e.g. "The
iban is invalid").

Most important: I am doing this for fun (and because I use it myself). But
introducing hacks to work around these issues is not fun for me. Also I tasted
the sweet kitchen of qml. There that is not only possible but also in a better
way (animations!). So I think it is a waste of time to continue the QWidget
and delegate approach. Doing that in qml is also so much better for an
developer. Actually we could do everything with QtQuick 1, but then the inputs
do not look native.

> > I did some tests with qml. Everything is better there  But for a good
> > desktop integration I need the Quick Controls and they are only for Qt 5.
> > So my suggestion:
> >
> > 1) KMyMoney 4.8 won't have the account numbers feature. Of course
> > KMyMoney's online banking would not have any advantages over using the
> > web interface of the banks then.
> >
> > 2) Leave it as it is and live with the issues. In KMyMoney with Qt 5 there
> > will be a polished version then.
> >
> > Btw: nobody protested against my review request [1] so can I push it? This
> > solves several problems I had.
>
> Sorry about that, I didn't had a clear opinion but I guess it should
> be shipped if it fixes stuff.
>
> I think I already said this sometime ago but I'll repeat it: I'm
> willing to help with this feature if only there is a way to do it
> without having an actual bank account. I can't believe that aqbanking
> development is done using a real bank account of a developer.

Yes, there is a test server. I just asked for a test account for you (the
website is in German and I guess that is not your favorite language ;) ). But
I think most of the development is done on real bank servers with real
accounts, I did it that way. There is no official test server	.