[Kmymoney-devel] Master branch is open for development

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Fri Oct 3 10:11:56 UTC 2014

Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2014, 00:50:52 schrieb Cristian Oneț:
> Version 4.7.0 is out, it's tagged in git and a 4.7 bugfix branch was
> created. This means that master is open for the development of new
> features.
>
> Christian: you could start merging the add-onlinebanking branch into
> master whenever you find it appropriate

Thank you Cristian! I still need some time because I have to implement the
database storage first. But many of the minor issues are fixed already (but not
pushed, I have legal concerns, see my mail before).

The only problem left are the account numbers for payees. They are a usability
nightmare. But I am not interested to solve them in the QWidget world anymore,
just too many bad hacks and bugs :(

I did some tests with qml. Everything is better there :) But for a good desktop
integration I need the Quick Controls and they are only for Qt 5. So my
suggestion:

1) KMyMoney 4.8 won't have the account numbers feature. Of course KMyMoney's
online banking would not have any advantages over using the web interface of
the banks then.

2) Leave it as it is and live with the issues. In KMyMoney with Qt 5 there
will be a polished version then.

Btw: nobody protested against my review request [1] so can I push it? This
solves several problems I had.

Greetings
Christian

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120377/