[Kmymoney-devel] Master branch is open for development

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:21:26 UTC 2014

> On 2014.10.02 17:50, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Version 4.7.0 is out, it's tagged in git and a 4.7 bugfix branch was
>> created. This means that master is open for the development of new
>> features.
>>
>> Christian: you could start merging the add-onlinebanking branch into
>> master whenever you find it appropriate
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cristian
>

> Just so I work in the correct area:  4.7.1 and 4.7.2 will be released from
> the 4.7 branch?  4.8 will then be released from Master?  Any further changes
> to the 4.7 branch (bug fixes and further doc updates) will also have to be
> ported to Master also?

Yes.

> By the schedule, aren't we already in string freeze for 4.7.1?

4.7.1 is scheduled so soon to be able to fix any major issues that
should arise in this release. Actually there should not be major
issues but we (those of us running master) could missed something so
the schedule is there to cover this.

Bug fixes usually don't involve string changes but if it's necessary
I'm sure the translators can handle it. Documentation fixes should be
backported development can go into master :).

Regards,
Cristian