[Kmymoney-devel] compiling kmymoney on windows

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Mon Feb 24 10:26:57 UTC 2014

I intended to compile them one by one. It seems some unnecessary ones are
included, for example mysql. I intend to download the binaries for the ones
I need and compile the minimum set I can.

Of course my plans are already falling apart.

While building libtool 2.4.2 I get a dialogue popping up every few seconds

"the procedure entry point libintl_setlocale could not be located in the
dynamic msys..." Ignoring it seems to be ok?

Then make fails with...

emerge debug: executing command: G:\kderoot\msys\bin\sh.exe --login -c "cd
/g/kderoot/build/dev-util/libtool-2.4.2/work/mingw4-RelWithDebInfo-2.4.2 &&
make -e -j2  VERBOSE=1"
Makefile:514: *** missing separator.  Stop.

it appears make does not allow for multiline statements, which is where the
above is failing.

I am going to switch to msvc 2010 :( perhaps mingw4 is my problem. it
appears not enough people are using it to catch all the bugs and I haven't
tried msvc so it may resolve some of the errors.

I was going to send any bugfixes upstream but things that are au small
business specific keep them local.

As far as I am aware splits don't work when importing, But that may have
changed.

All the accounting packages I have used allow you to close off the period.
some make it mandatory. I am aiming for the middle of the road.

One very important feature I am going to work on and its worth pushing
upstream is when parsing imported statements make it context sensitive. By
that I mean set up import rules that will direct a transaction to a
different account based on the source bank account.

This means that say "Interest Paid" form one bank account can go into a
different account to "Interest Paid" from another bank account.

That is all providing I can even get it to build....

Chris